The first live stream event in Finland was a success.
As previously communicated, SolidSport will now open an office in Helsinki, where Sauli Silvonen will take the role as Country Manager Finland.
- A historic first office outside Sweden, this is a major and important step for SolidSport - and with his experience from the sport and SaaS industry, Sauli will be perfect for us, says CEO Tobias Thalbäck.
- SolidSport delivers a unique service, and the demand and interest on the Finnish market is huge even tough we have just started, says Sauli Silvonen.
The Ricoh Basketball Tournament in January 2019, with more than 600 games broadcasted live in three days, initiated SolidSport's operations in Finland.
- The Ricoh Turnaus is the first youth tournament ever in Finland to stream all the games and we have received very positive feedback from viewers players and the organizer and we will continue our cooperation and broadcast all games next year again, says Tobias Thalbäck, CEO.
Sauli Silvonen, who officially started the 1st of March, has during the last five years been working building the Helsinki Seagulls Basketball club. The last two years as CEO. He also brings experience from IBM and the tech industry to the company.
- SolidSport has proven to be a product that provides a fantastic service for sport associations, tournaments and teams. You share the best moments while finding a new source of income, and it doesn't matter which sport you exercise, what level you belong to or how old you are, says Silvonen.
- The Finnish market is very similar to the Swedish when it comes to these needs, and I feel very enthusiastic about the progress we are about to make.
- Ricoh Turnaus was the first step on SolidSport's global journey and now we are taking the next planned step in Finland. We are convinced that our service will be as successful in our neighboring country as it turned out to be in Sweden, and Sauli - with all his experience and knowledge about the sport in Finland - is the right person to lead this venture, says Tobias Thalbäck.
Sauli Silvonen says about the challenge that is now awaiting:
- The first step will be to establish SolidSport in the Finnish sports landscape. There are already several tournaments and associations that have shown interest in Solidsport. We are also looking for new people to join our team here in Finland asap. Interesting roles within sales, customer success, production, marketing etc, where there is plenty of room to grow and develop.
Press & Information
Tel: +46 709 72 10 72